Our Stockton office is currently looking for a highly experienced mechanic that can test, trouble shoot and repair our hard down units. At this facility we do all heavy repairs as well as painting our fleet. This individual will work under the direct supervision of the Service Manager and the Vice President of Operations.
- Troubleshoot equipment that has been sent to the shop for major repairs.
- Be able to figure out what parts have failed (electric, hydraulic, or mechanical) and procedures on how to fix them.
- Report findings to your supervisor with a list of parts to properly complete the current job.
- Once completed, test unit to ensure it is back to factory specifications.
- Document all repairs and parts used for the repair, then place unit back in service.
- On occasion you will work side by side with line mechanics to help service rental equipment when it is required.
- Previous knowledge of repairs on this type of equipment (scissor lifts, Boom lifts, rough terrain forklifts)
- Must be able to read electrical and hydraulic diagrams and have an extensive knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Must have a high level of professionalism and work well in a shop environment with other co-workers.
- This position requires a high degree of physical activity.
This is a full-time position in our shop, which is open Monday-Friday and has no weekend work or on call service.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- 8-hour shift with overtime
Thank you for your interest about employment opportunities at American Scissor Lift. Currently we do not have other open positions. If you are interested in possible future opportunities, please send your resume to Sales@AmericanScissor.com. We will be in touch if a position becomes available that matches your skills and work experience.
Want to talk to a member of our service team about your needs? Contact us. We have 5 aerial lift sales locations, staffed by experienced industry veterans, in California’s major regions: Sacramento | West Sacramento, San Jose | Morgan Hill, Stockton | Modesto, Los Angeles | Anaheim, or San Diego | El Cajon. This service means you are not responsible for transportation when your equipment requires warranty repairs.